[mythtv-users] BE 2 - Remote Frontends Sluggish on FF

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 14:57:46 UTC 2017

Hi Mike!

>> Follow-up to my earlier post; Machine Status is reporting an earlier issue
>> which I didn't mention  (thought maybe the reboot would fix):
>>
>>          Uptime:    9:09:50        Load:  0.38, 0.19, 0.07
>>          RAM:        15 GB total, 15 GB used, 195 MB (or 1.23%) free
>>          Swap:        3.7 GB total, 6.0 MB used, 3.7 GB (or 100%) free
>>
>> The 100% usage of the RAM won't go away once it hit sthis level, and I
>> have no idea what causes.  (Suppose there's a log to look at -- will need
>> to be activated and what to look for to post.)
> RAM will be used for disk cache if there is any free. Use "top" or "free"
> commands to get a bit more info on this.
>
> Nothing to worry about if this is the case, it's normal behaviour to speed
> up your machine

Oh, OK.  For some reason didn't notice that on BE1 (the old machine), or
maybe was half-expecting the RAM to be filled on as less installed:

     RAM    7.8 GB total, 7.6 GB used, 205 MB (or 2.75%) free
     Swap:    8.0 GB total, 1.0 GB used, 7.0 GB (or 87%) free

And seemed really odd didn't show up in System Monitor -- how to confuse
us amateurs! <g>

Off to more replies to figure this thing out!