[mythtv-users] iptv external change script

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun May 28 01:59:35 UTC 2017

On Sat, 27 May 2017 17:28:37 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>The Hauppauge PVRxxx devices showed option for 'External channel change'
>script. These are not present for iptv in Myth-0.28-fixes. Is there a
>way of enabling it?

No.  External channel change scripts are used only for tuners that can
be attached to other hardware like a set top box (STB) that may need
its channel changed.  IPTV tuners do not have any hardware and
external channel change scripts are not supported for them.

>There are a bunch of scripts posted
>https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/IPTV_Encoders_as_a_Capture_Device#The_channel_change_scripts.
>These seem to support a single IPTV recorder. I tried to use the script,
>and printed out %CHANID% in a log file. The channel number was supposed
>to be 114, and the script printed out 1114. Is %CardID% part of %CHANID%?
>
>Thanks

The author of that wiki page is using an external HDMI capture device
attached to his STB.  It converts HDMI from the STB to a networked
data stream accessible by a MythTV IPTV tuner.  He is using one IPTV
tuner for capturing the data from his HDMI capture device, as it can
only capture from one HDMI signal at once.  By using scripts attached
to the MythTV events, he is controlling the HDMI capture device and
also changing the channel on his STB.  The scripts are specific to the
HDMI capture hardware and STB hardware he is using, although they have
been written with the possibility of other people modifying them for
use with other hardware.

The %CHANID% and %CARDID% values are passed to the scripts by the
MythTV event code.  They derive from the database values
capturecard.cardid and channel.chanid respectively.  Remember that
capturecard.chanid values are internal database row identifying
numbers, not channel numbers.  The channel numbers are in the
channel.channum column.  So a chanid value of 1114 may well correspond
to a channum of 114, if that is how your database is set up, or to
some other channel number.  If you want to see what channum
corresponds to a chanid of 1114, you will need to look up the database
for chanid 1114.  If you are OK with doing SQL queries, this will tell
you what you want:

select * from channel where chanid=1114\G

What are you trying to do with these scripts?  What hardware are you
trying to talk to?