[mythtv-users] bear of little brain

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sat May 27 08:41:15 UTC 2017

On 27 May 2017 9:48:11 am James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> On 26/5/17 8:00 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>> What does mythbackend --version give?
> [sandypit] /home/jam [997]% mythbackend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v0.28.1-3-gfc737ff
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.28
> Network Protocol : 88
> Library API : 0.28.20161120-1
> QT Version : 5.6.1
> Options compiled in:
>   linux profile use_hidesyms using_oss using_backend using_bindings_php
> using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton
> using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libxml2 using_lirc
> using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_opengl_themepainter
> using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2
> using_x11 using_profiletype using_bindings_php using_freetype2
> using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg
> using_libxml2

I was going to say that it hasn't been compiled with libxvid support but I
just checked my install which has definitely been compiled with
--enable-libxvid but that doesn't show a use flag in --version either so
that doesn't help much sorry. Is your install compiled from source with the
--enable-libxvid switch or is it installed from package?

Have you tried mythffmpeg / mythffprobe instead of ffmpeg / ffprobe to
analyse the files instead?