[mythtv-users] [US] Switching from built-in schedules direct to the XMLTV-JSON schedules direct?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri May 19 01:42:03 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 10:57 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> I'll look into it and get the changes committed if it makes sense.

Looking at master vs fixes/0.28, there may be some other
(less interesting to me, but perhaps interesting to others)
things, such as ratings (525bf8a).   So, it may be a bigger
backport than just the few for (better) consistency.

> Does the xmltv grabber support change the callsign when a channel
> rebrands itself?  Other than that, I can't see how that filer would
> get broken.

I would expect (although I have not recently checked)
that a new video source can readily result in new callsigns
depending on how those callsigns were acquired and
fed into MythTV (and I seem to recall that there was
some differences in some cases).

In any case, reviewing any/all rules after changing
video sources is a good plan (to avoid "surprises").