[mythtv-users] [US] Switching from built-in schedules direct to the XMLTV-JSON schedules direct?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu May 18 19:19:59 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 5:08 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

>> There was at least one feature that has not been cherrypicked
>> into 0.28 (any) from v29, which involves genres.
>
> Which change is that and why hasn't it been backported yet?

Can't answer the why (you might want to ask your
fellow dev :-), and I may have missed the backport,
but I believe it was e1b4126 and 4434f37 in master.
I guess the reason may be that there are some other
dependency that I do not recall.

> How is "this channel" affected?  It uses channel.callsign not chanid
> unless someone else changed it and I didn't notice.

I might have been confused, but (at least for my cases)
I do know the callsigns ended up different (as likely as not
an artifact of other changes that occurred in my lineup
over the decade+++ of MythTV usage).

Oh, one other thing, depending how one uses channel
icons, I think one can never (or only carefully) delete the
old video source, as I believe I remember the icon
source reference disappears (although that memory
may also be wrong).