[mythtv-users] Virtualized Windows with capture cards

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed May 10 01:28:12 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 1:01 AM, Rajil Saraswat <rajil.s at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since there are no drivers for recent Hauppauge devices under Linux

Well, Hauppauge provides drivers for some recent devices...

> ... under KVM/Linux or Bhyve/FreeBSD ... Is this possible?

In the general case: "Maybe"

PCI and USB passthrough tends to work interestingly,
and for timing sensitive solutions (tuners may be
timing sensitive) you may end up getting various
artifacts and operational challenges.

However, I thought (I could easily be wrong) that
the Windows BE only supports network tuners.

Presuming you have the time, there is nothing wrong
with testing your specific case, and you should
report back with the results.