[mythtv-users] Automounting USB drives

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun May 7 14:43:14 UTC 2017

Mythbuntu 16.04, MythTV .28-fixes

I have three hard drives on external USB 3 mounts that I use for
archiving old recordings.  They are all listed in /etc/fstab to be
mounted automatically if present:

LABEL=arc1 /mnt/arc1 jfs relatime,errors=remount-ro,nofail 0 2

That works fine if mythfrontend is not running.  But if mythfrontend
is running, they all wind up being automounted under /media, on
something like this:

/media/sdp1

This is extremely annoying, as the /media paths change depending on
what order the drives are powered up in and what has previously been
mounted, and the paths are not in the storage group I have set up for
the drives, which lists them all under /mnt/arc[123].  So I always
have to remember to shut down mythfrontend before switching them on,
and inevitably I forget sometimes.

So does anyone know why and how mythfrontend is doing this?  Is there
an option somewhere I can use to stop it?