[mythtv-users] RFC Videos

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat May 6 11:00:42 UTC 2017

Greetings Everybody

before I file a ticket I request comments:

I recorded a Great British Railway Journeys of duration 1/2 hour.
Because my Samsung TV chokes on .ts files I mv'd it to Movies/GBRJ.mp4
and watched with uPnP without issue
After watching I removed the file and scanned for changes

A week later I recorded an episode of 1 hour.
I repeated the mv and scanned.

On watching at the 1/2 hour point playback stopped. I repeated the
watching, skipped to minute 29 and after 1 minute (at the same point)
playback stopped.
I repeated the watching, skipped to minute 31 and watched to the end (at
1 hour point) (all times slightly adjusted for record extra time settings)

I've not spelunked through the database or src but it seems that the
namespace GBRJ.mp4 was used and remembered even when scanning again and
of different duration.

Anyone ?

James

PS the samsung suits my wife, it is not my normal frontend.