[mythtv-users] 6200ch.c latest?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue May 2 15:01:35 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 1:12 PM, Scot Kreienkamp <skreien at wcnet.org> wrote:
>> I already point it to the specific FireWire GUID but it still requires
>> me add the vendor and model id information.
>

> Not sure why yours would... mine doesn't.  Might want to check your GUID
> again.  Mine returns two GUIDs but only one works, have you tried both?
>
> About 2 years ago I was updating 6200 with model info about once every month
> when the model number changed after an STB update yet again.  After that I
> found the GUID option and started using that.  I didn't enter the correct
> info into 6200 then, and I haven't updated it since, and mine still works.

Node 0 GUID 0xbc644bfffe284caf
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
        channel=0, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

Node 1 GUID 0x0000000010000e2b
------------------------------
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

Node 2 GUID 0xd40aa9fffedae2aa
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
        channel=0, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

I only get one GUID per box, and that is what I use to talk to each
separately, and if I don't add that the vendor/model id info to the
source it fails to work on every box I've tried it on.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!