[mythtv-users] Smart TV hacks

Stephen Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 09:49:59 UTC 2017

Heh, a plus point for MythTV and minus to smart TV's is their data
gathering and sharing with third parties.

Actually, it's yet another example of why the IoT isn't such a great
idea, as security isn't being "baked in", it's an afterthought at
most, not thought of at all in general practice.

Which is why all of my televisions are dumber than a bag of hammers,
why I don't have a smart refrigerator and why IoT doesn't exist in my
home. Even my cheaper model security cameras are on a non-internet
accessible vlan.