[mythtv-users] adding tmdb ids to videos?

Justin Moore justin.nonwork at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 16:28:54 UTC 2017

> > I'm still on a .27 version of myth, and mythvideo has a few movies that
> it couldn't find
> > metadata for.
>
> > I'm trying to figure out how to manually tell it the tmdb id for those
> movies.
>
> In a frontend select the recording in "Watch recordings" and press m

Hika,

I believe the question was about videos, not recordings. I'm having the
same issue. I've tried adding a year to the end of the file (e.g.,
"The.Dark.Knight.(2008).m2ts") and changing tmdb3.py to do
searchMovieWithYear, but it doesn't work. And I don't want to hand-enter
all of the plot, etc, for a lot of movies and TV shows.

Is there a way to do this via filenames instead of having to go through the
UI?

Thanks,
-justin