[mythtv-users] Proper blaster config in this file?

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 14:30:24 UTC 2017

On 22/03/17 15:18, Mark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an MCE remote working perfectly ( first part of the config )
>
> The remote is from my STB box, and I need to transmit those same signals
> to my STB to change channels.
>
> So in the config below, I simply duplicated the config and renamed it
> "blaster"
>
> However, it does not seem to work!
>

> Any advice?  Would the send and receive config be the same with the codes?

It really depends on the hardware involved., You have not really stated
what kind of capture hardware you have been using for receiving data
from the remote. Nor have you said what you are using to send IR data.

Also, you are using the old 0.9.09 which is more or less unsupported
here by upstream - current is 0.9.4.

All this said. in the general case there is no need to duplicate the
config. A configuration which works for receiving can usually (but not
always) be used as-is also for transmit. And if it doesn't, a simple
duplicate with a new name does not solve anything.

Cheers!

--alec

Cheers!

--alec