[mythtv-users] Pay for experts time to fix lirc receive and transmit

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 20:49:14 UTC 2017

On 21/03/17 21:38, Devin Heitmueller wrote:

> Larry makes a good point here - if your STB supports firewire that is
> a much more reliable way to go than an IR transmitter (this is what I
> ended up doing in 2010).  That said, the STB I tried last year (from
> Samsung) had the physical Firewire port but the control functionality
> was completely disabled.

That said, if you still wan't  to try the lirc/blasting path there
should be no more configuration needed. If you can receive data using
irw, you can send the same data (using the same device) with irsend - in
both cases this goes through the lircd daemon. and it uses the same
configuration  for receiving and sending.

Cheers!

--alec