[mythtv-users] Pay for experts time to fix lirc receive and transmit

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Mar 21 20:36:39 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Mark Hutchinson <8012900 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the advice.
> If I was to do that, how do I translate a working receiver with the remote
> from my STB, to a working tranmitter to change channels on my STB?

I would generally encourage you to *not* try to use the remote from
your STB to control MythTV.  The problem with trying to use that
remote is when you use it to control MythTV, the STB might also
receive those key presses, which would result in accidentally changing
the channel on the STB.

That said, once you know which LIRC profile to use, I believe it's a
pretty straightforward operation to re-use the LIRC profile on the
transmit side.  There are number of LIRC howtos out there to do such,
and doing it with an MCEUSB remote is easier than the HD-PVR given the
same profiles can be reused for both transmit and receive (unlike the
HD-PVR where the receiver returns standard RC-5 codes but the
transmitter requires a completely proprietary format).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com