[mythtv-users] OT: The opposite of LIRC

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 18:16:12 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 5:32 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Iguana stuff looks good. Because of the way their room is configured I'd
> be best off having a transmitter in front of each device.  Just thinking out
> loud here.

Be aware that (just as with all light sources), IR can bleed,
so if more than one device uses the same codes, you
can get "spurious" changes on the other device, especially
if they are nearby each other (I remember some people
using various forms of (electrical) tape to try to prevent
one blaster transmitter from impacting the device next
to it in the same cabinet, with varying success rates).

Some devices have a "IR receiver/extender" jack that
that one can leverage using a reasonably simple cable
with just a few components from the IR blaster jack
on most blaster designs directly to the target device.
They were all the rage years ago for controlling
multiple devices.  Be aware on some devices,
plugging in a cable to the IR receiver disables the
front panel IR reception (and some cases it does not).