[mythtv-users] OT: The opposite of LIRC

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 19:12:13 UTC 2017

Thanks for indulging my question for a minute. I have to frequently provide
phone support to an older relative who sometimes gets confused and anxious
when dealing with their cable STB. I suddenly thought it'd be great if I
could control a Pi with an IR transmitter and be able to send discrete
power codes, etc. So I could say over the phone "I'm putting channel 61 on
for you."

What sort of Linux library sends IR signals? I know LIRC receives, but
what's the opposite?

Some nights when I get the calls I would just love to go to a web page and
pgm in channel 61 at 7pm, channel 8 @8pm.

Thanks.