[mythtv-users] mythbackend - undefined symbol

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 17:14:10 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Curtis Gedak <gedakc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2017-03-17 09:55 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>>
>> Is there an inverse of 'make install' ?
>>

> make uninstall

But note that (for those Makefiles that have an uninstall target),
you typically have to run it from the exact directory from which
you ran the make install, for only *that* Makefile has the various
binary and library names).  And while I have not tested the
mythtv make uninstaller recently, it is true that many uninstall
implementations do not clean up everything properly for all
cases (for they tend not to be tested regularly with every
makefile update).  Caveat emptor.