[mythtv-users] HDHome Run OTA Live TV "times out"

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 20:53:43 UTC 2017

the MythTV system I built for my parents has been working great for
the last year with no major issues. the system is two HD-PVR's with
cable boxes and a single HD Home run connected to an HDTV antenna for
local OTA channels.

Recently however my dad started to notice that if the two HD-PVR's are
in use recording and they attempt to watch live TV Myth appears to
time out and the frontend returns to the main menu.

If one of the HD-PVR's is available and they go to live tv things work
great, it uses the HD-PVR and live tv works. If while watching live tv
with the HD-PVR they force a switch to the HD Home Run as a tuner then
sometimes it switches successfully, but most of the time it does the
same thing where it appears to time out and then return to the main
menu.

Recordings with the HD HomeRun appear to always work flawlessly.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what might be the issue with
watching Live TV with the HDHR? My assumption is that it is timing out
and perhaps just needs to wait a little longer, but I'm not sure if
there is a user-setting for the delay it is willing to wait?
Or is there some other issue that may be at play here that I should investigate?

thanks!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!