[mythtv-users] [mythtv-theming] Theme update via MythTV theme chooser

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 12 19:36:59 UTC 2017

On 03/12/2017 01:35 PM, jaham at gmx.net wrote:
> Hi Peter...
>
> I am using the official ArchLinux packages. However mythfrontend version says:
> MythTV Version : 3543e74
> MythTV Branch : tag: v0.28
> Network Protocol : 88
> Library API : 0.28.20160309-1
> QT Version : 5.7.0
>
> So that might indeed be the reason as you suspected. If that is not a general
> problem for users, than I can live with that. I had the fear that the wrong
> version is advertised to users.
>
> Ciao Jan
Actually it needs both Branch and Version to be correct for the correct
theme to be downloaded. You should have something like this:

MythTV Version : v0.28.1
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.28
Network Protocol : 88
Library API : 0.28.20161120-1
QT Version : 5.5.1

If the version a later commit later than the tag you could see
MythTV Version : v0.28.1-95-g93c8cf8
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.28

Either of these is valid but with yours showing the version as 3543e74
the theme download will always use the trunk version of themes.

You may want to take this up with the packager.

Peter