[mythtv-users] How to get sound out via HDMI

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 9 20:36:03 UTC 2017

On 03/09/2017 10:04 AM, Ashu Desai wrote:
> So at this point I unselected it and it's playing as if i have 3 front
> speakers (while playing the sound DOES come out from rear - only the
> test doesn't work)
The MythTV speaker test uses multi channel PCM, so may not work
correctly if your setup does not support that. I think there is some
circumstance where the MythTV speaker test uses Dolby, perhaps when you
select the stereo only PCM option.

You say your new receiver supports multi-channel PCM, but perhaps some
other component (e.g. your video card) does not support it?

Peter