[mythtv-users] Still using Ceton Infinitv4?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 18:57:40 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 6:31 PM, Michael A Weber <mweberjunk01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thoughts?

Last I knew there was still a market by the (legacy) WMC
people for the Ceton devices on the "new-to-you" market
(and, of course, the occasional MythTV user).

Of course, WMC is on death watch, but it will remain
viable for another few years for those with CableCARD
requirements.

That said, Ceton, as a company, seems to have mostly
disappeared (except for their commercial offerings?).
Their last communication was a "We ain't dead yet"
message nearly two years ago (after two years with
no updates, that statement starts to feel like an
announcement for the next Duke Nukem release).

Without specific requirements, I would likely not
recommend anyone purchase a new full price
retail Ceton card today without some indication the
company is not mostly dead (and while mostly dead
is not all dead, I do not know if Miracle Max has visited
Kirkland WA recently).