[mythtv-users] Work-around for issue preventing icon downloads from lyngsat

Mark St. John mark at markstjohn.net
Wed Mar 8 16:14:42 UTC 2017

As others have indicated, lyngsat blocks requests for images that do not
have a referrer set. I wanted to share a work-around that I was able to
successfully use in order to manually download the missing images:

cd /var/lib/mythtv/channels

mkdir update; cd update; egrep -o 'access.*' ../*.png | egrep -o ' /.*' |
xargs -I{} wget --referer https://www.lyngsat.com
https://www.lyngsat-logo.com{}; mv *.png ..; cd ..; rmdir update

After doing this, I had to manually use the channel editor in mythtv-setup
to associate each image with its corresponding channel.