[mythtv-users] Samsung TV audio problem

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 18:31:25 UTC 2017

Dear mythizens,

I have a problem which I strongly suspect to be a bug in my Samsung TV
but I'm asking here because you lot are quite knowledgeable and also
because I think the problem is triggered (but probably not caused) by Myth.

I have a Sony sound bar that is connected to an optical output of my
Samsung TV. The TV's built-in speakers aren't being used (volume set to
zero). The TV is connected to an HDMI output of the frontend machine,
which uses Intel video/audio (H55 chipset). I'm running Myth 0.27-fixes
on Ubuntu 14.04.

More often than not, after I use Myhth's fast forward function to skip
over ads, lip sync will be lost. I can then either fiddle with the audio
sync on the Myth side or, more effectively, I can turn the TV off and on
again. The latter restores audio sync without changing anything else.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Can I work around this problem on
the Myth side?

Many thanks, Jan