[mythtv-users] Damaged recordings

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Mar 5 17:09:04 UTC 2017

On 05/03/17 16:00, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 03/05/2017 08:54 AM, Jeff wrote:
>> Doesn't this force you to create a manual rule each time? Or is there
>> some way to edit a rule to extend the recording time?
> When you create or update a recording rule, you can change the end
> offset from "end on time" to any number of minutes so that it records
> extra time at the end.
>
> Peter

I hadn't recognised that this was the OP's problem, but these
split-airings are very common on itv2, itv3, FIVE, and maybe others;
King Kong today, for example. Recently the break has often been billed
as 'FYI Daily'.  When I remember, I set them both to record from the
Guide Screen and then move the endpoint of the first to match that of
the second, as above.  Then cancel the second recording.

John P