[mythtv-users] Damaged recordings

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 13:23:31 UTC 2017

Hoi Jeff,

Sunday, March 5, 2017, 2:27:20 PM, you wrote:

> On 05/03/17 13:04, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> Are you sure it's not just a case of the film being shown in 2 parts?
>>
>> ITV3 have a habit of showing part one of a film then showing some media
>> news type program then following that part 2 of the film. It's possible
>> Myth thinks the second part is a repeat an so doesn't record it.

> That hadn't occurred to me.

> Then I can't think of a better remedy than to take better care when
> creating the recording rule.

> Unless a clever option could be created to compare the guide time to the
> published film length and flag possible programming problems if the
> guide time seems too short (in a similar manner as program conflicts).
> It could produce a large number of false positives.

> Regards

> Jeff

For me rules for movies are always created for that occurrence. On the
commercial stations here also often a movie is chopped in two. If so I
extend the end time for the first part to include the second part.
Later I cut out that midway program together with the commercials.

I think it is very difficult to create a rule to also include the
second part and I think that most solutions would result in two
separate recordings. One way could be to disable duplicate checking,
but then the movie would also get recorded on any future showing.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop