[mythtv-users] LiveTV and Recordings not working

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Mar 4 06:02:29 UTC 2017

On 4/3/17 12:53 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> I am in Australia and am using two (2) HDHomeRuns with my MythTV and I
> was having an issue with recordings failing with 0 byte files, but
> LiveTV was working. My google foo suggested I delete all the channels
> and tuners and start again which I did. After I did this I went to
> readd my tuners I found that one of my HDHomeRun's was missing. The
> power supply had died. I replaced the power supply and went through
> the set up process and scanned for channels etc and all good.
>

> Or so I thought, now I can't watch LiveTV either, which really upsets
> me! Here is a sample of the log when trying to watch LiveTV:
> *
I do so hate widows type solutions

When that happened to me, after lots of fiddling including setting the
start channel in 'Input Connections', poking with sql, spelunking with
wire sharc, I rescanned channels and behold it worked.
(input connections has settings the start channel for the tuners, but
not for virtual tuners, but settings does do that)

The issue seems to be the start channel must be valid (but that alone
does not guarentee success)

James