[mythtv-users] ERROR: LocalFilePath unable to find local path for ...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 3 13:08:13 UTC 2017

On 03/03/2017 07:19 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Thu, 2017-03-02 at 14:26 -0800, Karl Newman wrote:
>> I think that makes sense. QT is assuming that a colon marks the end
>> of the scheme part of the URI.
> Exactly.
>

>> I haven't looked at the full code but
>> maybe it it were prefixed with file: (or file://) it might behave
>> better?
> Yes, that is exactly what the patch I proposed is doing.  It works.

... for this particular situation.

The question is, "Does it break anything else?"  Before it's committed,
someone needs to verify all usages of QUrl related to FileTransfer (at
least within MythTV/MythPlugins/MythWeb) to ensure it's only ever used
to access a file using a file name (only) for a local file.

Mike