[mythtv-users] ERROR: LocalFilePath unable to find local path for ...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 3 12:13:29 UTC 2017

On 03/02/2017 05:26 PM, Karl Newman wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2017-03-02 at 14:27 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>>> QT bug?
>> Or not:
>>
>> #include <QString>
>> #include <QUrl>
>> #include <iostream>
>>
>> using namespace std;
>>
>> main() {
>>
>>          QUrl qurl = QString("This:");
>>          cout << qurl.toDisplayString().toLocal8Bit().constData() << "\n";
>>
>> }
>>
>> produces:
>>
>> this:
>>
>> Something to do with the QUrl type perhaps.  If I remove the trailing :
>>   on the string, case is preserved.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> b.
>>
> I think that makes sense. QT is assuming that a colon marks the end of the
> scheme part of the URI. Wikipedia says "Although schemes are
> case-insensitive, the canonical form is lowercase and documents that
> specify schemes must do so with lowercase letters." (
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Resource_Identifier#Syntax) I assume
> that QUrl is applying encoding to the string to create a valid URL, and
> when it encodes the string it puts what it thinks is the scheme part into
> canonical form (i.e., lower case). I haven't looked at the full code but
> maybe it it were prefixed with file: (or file://) it might behave better?

Ah, yeah, so it's the colon in your file name "Arrow: S05E08 - Invasion!
(3).mkv" .  Perhaps Kodi should be sending a file:// URI, like Karl
mentioned?  I don't remember if FileTransfer is ever used with non-file
scheme (i.e. for http:// or myth:// or ...) URIs, but I wouldn't be
surprised, and if so we can't just prepend a file:// (if not already there).

Mike