[mythtv-users] NFS using Kodi frontend issues?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Mar 3 11:58:02 UTC 2017

This really is quite off-topic here.  It has absolutely nothing even
remotely to do with MythTV and I really shouldn't even entertain it so
as to not encourage others to bring their general Linux questions here
but rather find a more appropriate forum.

That said... let's see if we can stem off the containing expansion of
and thread.

On Thu, 2017-03-02 at 23:44 +0000, Another Sillyname wrote:
> Is anyone on the list using Kodi as a frontend?

Yes.

> Kodis inbuilt NFS connections have an
> funky
> problems

There's yer problem.  Probably.

Since Kodi is (usually) an unprivileged process it cannot bind to ports
lower than IPPORT_RESERVED (1024) if you don't give it NET_BIND_SERVICE
capability.  I doubt you are doing the latter.

In that case, you need to add the "insecure" option to the export
options on the server.

Or you should look at actually, properly [auto]mounting the share on
the machine with the kernel's NFS client and then just point Kodi at
the mounted path.

b.