[mythtv-users] NFS using Kodi frontend issues?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 2 23:44:21 UTC 2017

Is anyone on the list using Kodi as a frontend?

If you are are you also using NFS shares to make your Videos Storage
Group ibrary available (not the default recording storage group).

If so could you please let me know EXACTLY the settings for your NFS
share from exportfs -v and /etc/exports.

If been faffing around with this for a few days now and don't know if
I've got a permissions issue or share issue with the way the NFS
server is setup or whether Kodis inbuilt NFS connections have an funky
problems (can't be the firewall as I've turned it off on the dev box).

Before anyone jumps in and says why not using Samba/SMB, I'm not even
too happy using NFS because of the security issues it opens, SMB is a
non starter for me in that respect as I don't have any windows PC s in
the house.

Thanks in advance.