[mythtv-users] iMON VFD LCD driver for SilverStone LC14/16 cases

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed Jun 14 18:40:44 UTC 2017

Hi all -

Recently updated my Myth system from 14.04 to 16.04 (running
0.28-fixes).

All seems well at this point except for the fact that the VFD LCD panel
on my case doesn't come up (with LCDd and lcdproc).  The imon drivers
that come with the new kernels don't work with it (the module will load
but the LCD daemon fails to run, as it can't find /dev/lcd0 - "Did you
load the iMON VFD module?" in /var/log/syslog.

After doing a bit of Googling, I now recall that I had to compile a
custom driver from Venky to get it to work before, but the download
link
is no longer any good, and I can't find the .tgz file anywhere.  The
SilverStone site has Windows drivers but not Linux (they point to
Venky's site for the Linux driver).  Anyone still have a copy of that
imon_vfd.tgz lying around?  It needs to be compiled for the current
running kernel.

Thanks!
Bob