[mythtv-users] H.264 Lossless Transcoding

john.baab at gmail.com john.baab at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 15:29:00 UTC 2017

> Are you running the  Keyframe Adjust prior to the transcode?
>>
>> I also find that audio sync is usually a problem also, more and more I'm
>> preferring to mark the cutpoints but not transcode as a H.264 HD recording
>> uncut is usually about the same size as a lossless transcoded MPEG2 SD
>> recording.

Didn't appear to help.  The way I read it is that it adjusts cutpoints to
the nearest keyframe.  It looks like it only cuts at keyframes as well.  I
think we'd need something to go the opposite way and make the cutpoints
keyframes, not sure if that is possible.

Wondering if I might be better converting to mpeg2 so I can remove
commercials with the native tools.