[mythtv-users] 2005 laptop stutters after upgrade from 0.27 to 0.28

jrh jharbestonus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 14:34:51 UTC 2017

> On Jun 9, 2017, at 7:37 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 2017-06-09 at 02:47 -0400, faginbagin wrote:
>>
>> Hmm, I, the OP, also have an ION system that works fine on both 0.27
>> and
>> 0.28, an Acer Aspire Revo 3610.
>
> That is *exactly* the system I had my post-ubuntu-mythtv upgrade
> performance problems.
>
> But the overriding point here is that on the exact same machine, no
> changes, Kodi plays everything fine.  So that is validating the O/S,
> drivers, hardware, etc.
>
> b.

An additional point of information for vdpau, though it isn’t nvidia, rather it is an amd Hudson E-350 dual core processor in a foxconn NT-3500 nettop computer.

It is running ubuntu 16.04 and mythtv.29-fixes and the only time it stutters is when there is an overlay. otherwise, 1080i, 1080p, 720p video is just fine on it using mythtv!

regards!