[mythtv-users] 2005 laptop stutters after upgrade from 0.27 to 0.28

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Fri Jun 9 10:48:36 UTC 2017

On 9 June 2017 at 16:47, faginbagin <mythtv at hbuus.com> wrote:

> On 6/7/2017 10:46 AM, john.baab at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Nothing helpful to add for how to fix it, but I have been experiencing
>> stuttering on my ION remote frontends.  I get audio+video stuttering on my
>> ION and audio only on my ION 2.
>>
>> I've ruled out all the tweaaks that have worked in the past; xorg config
>> tweaks, reducing the VDPAU playback profiles, and making sure audio buffers
>> are high enough.  Nothing in the logs to indicate an issue, I may need to
>> adjust logging levels.
>>
>> I see this on both Mythbuntu upgrades and Xubuntu fresh install, I'm
>> running 17.04 on both with the latest MythTV packages from the Mythbuntu
>> PPA.
>>

> Hmm, I, the OP, also have an ION system that works fine on both 0.27 and
> 0.28, an Acer Aspire Revo 3610. There have been hiccups in the past, the
> last one was due to a nvidia driver bug that didn't allow vdpau unless you
> were root. But that was fixed by either rolling back to the previous
> version or upgrading to the next major nvidia driver release.
>
> I think one reason why my ION is still serving me well is because it's
> connected to a 720p TV, with a 1280x720 resolution. I think it would
> struggle if it had to drive a 1920x1080p resolution display.
>
> My Zotac  ZBOX-ID31DVD works fine at 1920x1200 using the "VDPAU High
Quality" playback profile and plays pretty much anything I throw at it.

although its a Next Gen ION

http://old.zotac.com/en/products/mini-pcs/zbox-dvd/product/zbox-dvd/detail/zbox-dvd-id31/sort/starttime/order/DESC/amount/10/section/specifications.html

sorry cant offer many suggestions on your Dell issue, perhaps its related
to your Xorg.conf?

once again I'd highly recommend the JudderFree Playback wiki article
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:JudderFree

Cheers,

Anthony