[mythtv-users] 2005 laptop stutters after upgrade from 0.27 to 0.28

john.baab at gmail.com john.baab at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 14:46:00 UTC 2017

Nothing helpful to add for how to fix it, but I have been experiencing
stuttering on my ION remote frontends.  I get audio+video stuttering on my
ION and audio only on my ION 2.

I've ruled out all the tweaaks that have worked in the past; xorg config
tweaks, reducing the VDPAU playback profiles, and making sure audio buffers
are high enough.  Nothing in the logs to indicate an issue, I may need to
adjust logging levels.

I see this on both Mythbuntu upgrades and Xubuntu fresh install, I'm
running 17.04 on both with the latest MythTV packages from the Mythbuntu
PPA.