[mythtv-users] Problem with MythWeb and mythtv-backend being ran from "mythtv" user

Steve Boyer steveboyer85 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 02:26:25 UTC 2017

Hopefully, this message gets attributed right... I really shoulda
subscribed to individual messages rather than the digests before asking a
question...

> > things seem to work just
> > fine and dandy if I run it as my personal user ($ mythbackend&). The
> > problems arise on boot, and the mythbackend process is started with the
> > mythtv user account.
>
> 1st guess is that the config.xml files for mythtv and personal
> users are different.
>
>      https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Config.xml#Troubleshooting

# diff ~steve/.mythtv/config.xml ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml
2d1
<   <LocalHostName>my-unique-identifier-goes-here</LocalHostName>
4c3
<     <PingHost>0</PingHost>
---
>     <PingHost>1</PingHost>
17,21d15
<   <UPnP>
<     <UDN>
<       <MediaRenderer>daf09f9a-9588-473e-8be9-6dd3218b6511</MediaRenderer>
<     </UDN>
<   </UPnP>
22a17

both IPs and credentials appear to be identical in both configurations,
with some extra O.o thrown into my ~steve/.mythtv/config.xml file.

> --
> Bill

Steve