[mythtv-users] Show the program guide when starting live TV

evade. evade at internode.on.net
Wed Jul 26 09:35:38 UTC 2017

On 26/07/17 01:37, Karl Newman wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 5:00 AM, evade. <evade at internode.on.net
> <mailto:evade at internode.on.net>> wrote:
>

>     On 25 July 2017 9:51:59 pm AEST, Stephen Worthington
>     <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz <mailto:stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>> wrote:
>      >On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 21:38:40 +1000, you wrote:
>      >
>      >>
>      >>
>      >>On 25 July 2017 7:56:38 pm AEST, Darac Marjal
>      ><mailinglist at darac.org.uk <mailto:mailinglist at darac.org.uk>> wrote:
>      >>>On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 07:28:14PM +1000, evade. wrote:
>      >>>>   Hello,
>      >>>>
>      >>>>   The option to show the program guide when starting live TV was
>      >>>>   available in the "Program guide" settings screen on the frontend
>      >in
>      >>>>   previous versions. It appears to have been removed from 0.28.
>      >>>>
>      >>>>   While I'd be curious to know why it was removed, I'm more
>      >>>interested
>      >>>>   to know if there's any way I could achieve the same result. Does
>      >>>>   anyone know?
>      >>>>
>      >>>>   It was an excellent way to avoid unnecessary slow channel
>     changes
>      >>>>   when trying to find something worth watching.
>      >>>

Thanks for the feedback everybody!  Unfortunately I didn't write my
question clearly, so let me try again.

My family are used to opening the "Live TV" menu item and to prevent
lots of slow channel changes I'd made the Guide display automatically.
The current show is displayed in a small window in the top right - so
they can see something going on there.

I use a Mythbunutu theme.

My old system is mythtv 27.6+fixes while my new one is 28.1-3.
In the old system's Video -> "Program Guide" settings there are a two
pages options.  The option I'd like to set is the very first option
available in those screens.

In the new system there's only one page and the option is not available
at all.  (I've also searched through all the other settings screens but
it's not there)

Is there any way to do this now?  Can I manipulate the database or is
this a frontend setting somewhere in a config file?

Thanks again!
evade.