[mythtv-users] MySQL update problems with mythconverg

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Jul 24 01:36:08 UTC 2017

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 12:44:02 -0700, you wrote:

>Stephen:
>
>Mysqlcheck didn't fix the problem. Four tables still missing.
>
>The oldest database backup I have is from 17 May.  Same issue, so this
>has been an issue apparently since after the last mysql-server update
>(or the previous ones didn't run the check).
>
>I could create a VM with MythTV...might have to do it on a faster
>machine and copy the files over...this one will run a VM, but
>s...l...o...w...l...y.  Not sure why it would be so slow, it's a
>Core-2-Quad @ 2.8GHz with 8GB of RAM.  Maybe it's because the VM I tried
>running was Windows.  Another Linux instance might be better.  If all
>else fails, that's what I will try.
>
>I haven't used the weather feature for some time but do remember
>setting it up in the past (distinctly remember giving it location data
>and which screens to display).  Clicking on it in mythfrontend doesn't
>do anything now, and in Setup, there are no available options under
>Info->Weather, of course.  Would re-installing mythweather generate the
>tables in mythconverg?  Right now I can't install anything because of
>dpkg's issues with mysql-server - but I'm just wondering whether it
>could solve the weather tables issue.
>
>Regarding record_tmp - I have had *zero* problems scheduling and
>recording programs.
>
>Not sure what to do about the remaining error message either.
>
>Thanks -
>Bob

I have edited a backup of my mother's MythTV database to get the
structure of your four missing tables.  You can download the file from
my web server:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/re-create_missing_tables.sql

This is for v0.28.1-38-geef6a48 (latest 0.28-fixes).

I am not sure what creates and updates the tables for the builtin
modules like weather.  For the optional plugins like music that only
run in the frontend, it is done by the plugin when mythfrontend is
run.  If found out all about the music database updates a few versions
ago when there was a problem with that update and I had to uninstall
the music plugin in order to do a MythTV version upgrade.  Since
weather is only in the frontend also, it is likely the same.  Which
would mean that its database upgrade would not be done by
mythtv-setup, but by the plugin when mythfrontend is first run after
the plugin has been upgraded as part of a MythTV version upgrade.