[mythtv-users] Video card recommendations for new build

Jim lists at morton.hrcoxmail.com
Sat Jul 22 15:39:29 UTC 2017

I'm looking for some help picking out hardware to build a new FE/BE Myth
box. I haven't had good luck lately buying hardware. Twice now I've done
a bunch of research and then ordered the wrong thing. I'm getting a
little gun-shy. That's why I'm asking for help this go round.

I'd like recommendations on the video card to begin with and from there
I think I can pick a MB and CPU.
I prefer NVIDIA to use VDPAU. Full height is fine as this will be an ATX
desktop size box. Cooling fan is ok too. I'm in the US and generally buy
from Newegg but not stuck on them. This box will have 2 HD-PVR and 3 HD
Homeruns for tuners. And it will be running current Myth. (I'm finally
upgrading from Mythbuntu 10.04 with Myth .025.)

Thanks in advance for all replies.

--
Jim