[mythtv-users] Alternatives to original HDPVR?

DryHeat122 . dryheat122 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 18:47:55 UTC 2017

FWIW, I searched around on some USB errors I was getting at boot.  I found
some threads recommending shutting down, unplugging the power and USB from
the device, unplugging power to the machine, then replugging everything and
restarting.

I did that and the HDPVR seems to work now (at least mythtv-setup can
detect it).  So I guess the problem was with the USB port power rather than
the HDPVR.

Also Hauppauge told me you can test the unit by plugging it into a Windows
machine and seeing if their capture app can detect it.  So if anyone else
has HDPVR problems these are a couple of things you can try.