[mythtv-users] Alternatives to original HDPVR?

Mitch Capper mitch.capper at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 19:06:37 UTC 2017

I agree on the IPTV issue with multi-channel surround.   I have been
considering using a muxing approach.  You can split the HDMI signal into
optical and HDMI feed the optical into a sound card and then mix it back in
with the video.   Getting things in sync would be a bit of a challenge,
hopefully latencies remain someone constant.   The better options would be:
A) Super pro, using the 2.0 sound to match up surround sound, there are
already apps that do this for video camera footage
B) Eventually someone in china will probably make an IPTV that does
multi-channel audio.

If I end up with some decent free time at some point I may work on A (or if
my HDPVR box dies fod good), sadly free time is currently pretty scarce.

~mitch