[mythtv-users] Slow tuning and buffering with Live TV

evade. evade at internode.on.net
Sat Jul 15 10:57:05 UTC 2017

On 12/07/17 23:36, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>>  were ultimately caused by a graphics card)
>
> If it only occurs in livetv, then try rewinding a bit, so that you
> are watching "live tv" with a slightly larger delay than before.
>
> Some people seem to hit this issue only on livetv since it's trying
> to playback too close to the end of the recording.
>

> Regards
> Stuart

I'm curious, is it normal for people to pause when first watching a
channel in order to work-around problems like this?

You've not said it, but I have heard a few people suggest that I should
avoid watching live TV and shouldn't ever "channel surf".  However it
seems to me that this is just a work-around for an unsolved technical
problem.

Commercial PVRs seem to be able to change channel relatively quickly (at
least as quick as my two MythTVv boxes with DVB-T tuners) without
problem.  Could anybody guess how they do it?

Thank you,
evade.