[mythtv-users] Weird recording fail

DryHeat122 . dryheat122 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 17:51:51 UTC 2017

Assuming it was the power supply (because for some reason these HDPVRs eat
power supplies) I replaced it with a new 5v 2.5A adapter.  It did not fix
the problem.  When I go into mythtv-setup and look at the capture cards, it
says "failed to open," so I don't think it's a signal problem Hika.  I
deleted the capture card and tried to re-install it and got the same
"failed to open" message.

Is there some way to tell for sure if the HDPVR is dead or it's some other
problem?  Nothing changed on the machine before these problems started.