[mythtv-users] Help with error: Invalid UE golomb code

mikkel at broerne.dk mikkel at broerne.dk
Fri Jul 7 20:20:56 UTC 2017

On 04-07-2017 21:52, Bill Meek wrote:

> On 07/04/2017 02:15 PM, mikkel at broerne.dk wrote: On 04-07-2017 18:00, mikkel at broerne.dk wrote:
>
> On 04-07-2017 16:24, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 07/04/2017 03:40 AM, mikkel at broerne.dk wrote: Do you think I can turn down the level of logging in mythtv - just to
> remove the "noise" it makes in my logging?
> Very late to this party, are you running with -v general and --loglevel info?
> ps ax|grep mythbackend|grep -v grep will confirm the above.
>
> 0.28 introduced the ability to set per component loglevel. You might try:
> -v libav:none.
>
> libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp has the following comment:
>
> // Suppress ffmpeg logging unless "-v libav --loglevel debug"
> The party is still on :-D
>
> this is the output:
>
> 1625 ?        Ssl   17:01 /usr/bin/mythbackend --daemon --syslog local6
> --logpath /var/log/mythtv --pidfile /var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid
>
> But to be honest I have had issues with the new logging and have set the
> level a tad too high
>
> I will reduce it.
>
> Ok I reduced it, but thinking about it this does not change much as the
> error is in my deamon.log and not in mythtv log.
>
> does this change anything?

Maybe. Is that distribution using systemd? If so, I'd look at:

    systemctl cat mythtv-backend.service # The name may be different

See if there are any lines that redirect StandardError/StandardOutput.
This may help:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Systemd_mythbackend_Configuration
Won't stop the messages from being logged, but may allow for their
redirection, like to /dev/null.

After further investigation - and I guess no surprise to everyone - the
error only occurs when recording.

The recordings are fine.

Yes, my distro uses systemd, but I do not use it for starting
mythbackend.

cheers