[mythtv-users] Help with error: Invalid UE golomb code

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Jul 4 09:29:16 UTC 2017

On 04/07/17 09:40, mikkel at broerne.dk wrote:
<snip>

>>> Looks like there is a patch?
>>
>> I haven't seen one.  I've just been trying to select stuff from
>> google. But the only reference to get_ue_golomb that I find in the
>> myth code, outside ffmpeg, is in
>>
>> libs/libmythtv/mpeg/H264Parser.cpp
>>
>> And there's external/FFmpeg/libavcodec/tests/golomb.c
>>
>> which looks as if it might be instructive if I knew how to point it at
>> something.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> John
>>
> As far as I can see I have no issues with tunes, recording etc. and I
> would therefore suspect it is a bug.
> Do you think I can turn down the level of logging in mythtv - just
> to remove the "noise" it makes in my logging?
> cheers
> Mik

H264Parser is used in dtvrecorder.cpp which is clearly within the backend.

I once asked about a repetitive log, and IIRC grep -v was suggested.  A
kludge but might be workable.  But do you have any idea what is
happening at the logged time?  Mainly I use boxes with no ability to
receive muxes with h264 content, so it's not surprising that I haven't
noticed this message.