[mythtv-users] Struggles with mythgame on pi3

Rob bertaboy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 02:05:27 UTC 2017

I'm running 0.28 on my pi3 (via raspbian & mythtv-light) and most things
are running well so far.  Picture quality is acceptable (coming from
nVidia-land) on the plasma and I've finally gotten my PS3's dualshock
controller to pair via bluetooth.  Now I'm struggling with convincing
mythgame to come on-board.  I've installed mednafen (no particular reason
other than it was already predefined in the settings) and pointed the
rompath strings to where my roms are saved.  The main problem I'm having
now is that mythgame doesn't actually seem to be scanning those
directories...

Setup>Media Settings>Game Settings>Scan for Games doesn't have actions
recorded in my log files
Media Library>Play Games>Scan for Changes has the following line in my log
files with no follow-ups:
"2017-07-03 22:00:01.504442 I  Beginning Game Scan."

Does anyone have any pointers?

Thank you,
Rob