[mythtv-users] Frontend Raspberry Pi setup issues

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 01:50:56 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-30 08:29 AM, Greg Oliver wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 9:56 PM, Peter Bennett <cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:
>> On 01/29/2017 07:15 PM, networks1 at cox.net wrote:
>>> I just checked the backend setup. On the general tab, the local
>>> backend has the correct IP address with port 6543 and status port
>>> 6544.  The master backend has the correct IP and port 6543.
>>>
>> Can you explain "local backend" and "master backend". Are you running a
>> backend on the raspberry Pi? That is not something that I recommend and
>> definitely not on the same raspberry Pi as runs the front end. Perhaps
>> you can explain your setup of frontends and backends.
>>

> The log indicates that the frontend is trying to connect to the
> backend on localhost:6543.  Your master backend IP address is wrong in
> the frontend setup.

I think that you still have an incorrect setting for at least one of
your database or backend servers.
As per this email thread [1], there are separate settings for the
address of the database server and the address of the backend server.

[1] [mythtv-users] upgraded 0.28 on mythbuntu not finding proper backend
http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2016-July/387982.html

Quote from [1].

  Because there are separate settings for the address of the database
  server and the address of the backend server.  The connection to the
  database is made using the address in the config.xml file, either the
  /etc/mythtv/config.xml file or one in the home directory of the user
  for the frontend (/home/<mythfrontend user>/.mythtv/config.xml).  Once
  the connection to the database is made, the database is looked up for
  the address of the mythbackend server.  They do not have to be on the
  same PC.

Be sure to double check the steps you used to set up the your mythtv
backend for use by remote frontends.  More specifically be sure to check
the workaround that I list in my tutorial to change the backend IPv4
address [2].

[2] Configuring MythTV Backend for Remote Frontends - Work-around to
Change Backend IPv4 Address
http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-config-be-for-remote-fe#watcbia

'Hope that helps.

Curtis