[mythtv-users] deleted recordings don't seem to be expiring

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 24 04:08:08 UTC 2017

On 01/23/2017 12:02 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-01-23 at 15:58 +0000, Joseph Fry wrote:
>> Even then it doesn't get that weird... there is some pretty basic
>> logic
>> that controls the order in which recordings are deleted to recover
>> space.
>> Most likely if this recording has lasted this long, it was probably
>> recorded at a high priority or had the preserve flag set, which puts
>> it
>> very low on the list for clearing out.
> Both of the episodes I'm looking at have preserve == 0 and recpriority
> == 0.
>
> The one from 2010 has deletepending == 1.  The second one I was looking
> at has deletepending == 0 even though the recgroup == Deleted, like the
> first one.
>
> b.
deletepending is a problem, if it is set to 1 that normally indicates a
crash occurred during the delete. That will not resolve itself, the
recording will stay in limbo for ever. I recommend shut down the backend
and use SQL to set that flag to 0, then start the backend and delete the
program again.

The ones in the Deleted recgroup should have autoexpire set to 9999, and
you should set a "Time to retain deleted recordings (days)" in MythTV
front end setup. They will be deleted that number of days after the last
accessed date in the database. Touching the recording in any way updates
the last accessed date and that extends the delete period.

Peter