[mythtv-users] BBC radio streaming

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Jan 22 11:34:46 UTC 2017

On 22/01/17 10:58, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to set up streaming for the BBC radio
> channels in Mythmusic.
>
> I can get it to play 1 or 2 seconds (while still buffering) before it
> gives up and moves onto the next channel in the list. This is the case
> both when I use a URL such as
> http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio1_mf_p and when I
> create and locally host an m3u file containing that same URL and point
> mythmusic at it:
>
> #EXTM3U
> #EXTINF:-1,BBC - Radio 1
> http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio1_mf_p
>
> Any idea how to debug this?
>
> Thanks, Jan

Just tried it and it's working OK for me using current master from my
fork which should be close to official master as far as the music stuff
is concerned.

Did you truncate that URL? The URL I have for BBC Radio 1 is slightly
different with a few extra parameter on the end.

I actually have an updated stream list that I pulled from our source for
radio streams that I created just before Christmas but it never got
synced with the one on our server. The url there has changed from the
one that is working for me so try this one which would work outside the
UK as well.

http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/nonuk/sbr_low/llnw/bbc_radio_one.m3u8

Paul H.