[mythtv-users] What are my options for DTV recording in the US?

Paul Stillwell bigboi at wackywombats.com
Tue Jan 17 04:40:10 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have another thread going about my HD-PVR possibly dying. I noticed that the recordings that it has done in the past week have all degraded in quality so I’m thinking that it really is dying and not something else. If I have to replace it, what are my options?

I’ve done some research online looking for new HD-PVRs and it seems like new ones are fairly expensive (and are they really new or just been sitting around somewhere?) and I’m not sure if I trust a used one. Is the issue with the new ones (like the HD-PVR2) HDCP? Is there some other choice out there that I am missing?

Paul